Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Some plans

The Christmas is comming up soon and there are a lot of things to do. This year I´ve decided to give skis to all four of our grandchildren. But we have no snow here in the south of Sweden yet. I keep my fingers crossed.
By now I´ve some time out and I´m planning to do genealogical research. Perhaps I go to Vadstena and the archives there because I need information, which you can´t find on internet. Hopefully I´ll have interesting news to share.
And if we get snow there will be beautiful pictures on Swedish churches in winter landscape. I really look forward to do this. Christmas is a great religious festival and yesterday we celebrated Lucia. It has been a common habit since the beginning of the 20th century. Today we celebrate on the 13th December, but in the old calender Lucia put in the same night as the winter solstice in our country.

No comments: